Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but by Me." John 14:6
My first love is the Lord Jesus Christ. I truly desire to have a relationship with God the Father that makes Him delight in me when I approach Him in prayer and worship. I have a deep desire for the Lord Jesus Christ to be my best Friend in life. I long to have the Holy Spirit work through my life, guiding my steps and producing spiritual fruit through me. I really like hanging out with my wonderful wife. Terri was my high school sweetheart in 1973 and we are still very much in love. God has blessed me with five sons and a daughter, four fabulous daughters-in-law and five wonderful grandsons and a granddaughter. I love being a pastor and wouldn't want to trade jobs with anyone.
- 2008-Current I now pastor a great Ohio congregation. It is such a joy to be a pastor again. Three things attracted me to this church--the people, the potential and the providence of God. (Sorry for all the "P's") We have already seen some significant growth and look forward to what God has for us in the coming days.
- From 2004-2008 I served about 700 Southern Baptist Churches in Ohio as a resource person in the areas of Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and Worship Ministries. What a great opportunity God allowed for an ordinary guy like me. It was a great experience to serve in this capacity.
- Senior Pastor of Bloom Baptist Church· April 1993 to August 2004 · Lithopolis, Ohio. What a privilege to serve this awesome church. We saw the Lord grow the church from 30 to 250 in attendance in 11 years.
- Senior Pastor of Burlington Baptist Church · February 1984 to April 1993 · Burlington, Ohio. I had the joy of serving here in my first full-time pastorate. They put up with my many rookie mistakes and still loved me when it was all over. That's grace, man!
- Music and Youth Minister of Parsons Baptist Church · May 1982 to February 1984 · Columbus, Ohio. What a blast to serve the Lord here in the church I was saved in. We had some great teens (and parents), some of which went on into the ministry and many who are still faithful adults who are serving Christ.